Re: [GNOME-my][Fwd: Re: GNOME malaysia web hosted]

--- Colin Charles <linux bytebot net> wrote:
> i'd personally like gnome-my.asiaosc.org (actually,
> my-gnome.asiaosc.org
> sounds even better).

> if we get a domain (gnome.org.my), we can host it at
> asiaosc - of
> course, we have the tiny issue of having to get it
> to redirect to the
> asiaosc website. so its not hosting, its more of
> redirection.

Maybe at this stage, we try to focus on what we gain
at this moment, since asiaosc already agree to give us
an account http://community.asiaosc.org/~gnome-my, so
we should focus on now, if it rocks and we really make
it a successful free software site ever hosted in
malaysia, then I think they won't refuse our further
request.

> > we should redo this if the webiste maintainer
> changing?
>
> nah. maybe we'll just send a logo of a foot :P

that is a good idea. ;) What better than having a Foot
(gnome) to represent us?

Talk about the logo, today I just take some times to
go through the propose guidelines of licencing GNOME
trademark and logo, at this moment, the proprosal
still under discussion of gnome foundation. If it is
really implemented, definitely will be going to affect
about the planned website (we need to apply and get a
licence from gnome foundation, inc), but we can go
ahead at this stage without borthered by it.

Extra Thought

=====
Chee Bin HOH <cbhoh gnome org>

Where we're going, we don't need roads..., http://www.gnome.org