Re: A rewritten gnome-sound-recorder

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Florent Thévenet <feuloren free fr> wrote:
[...]
> Great, thanks a lot, I really sucks at autotools and these kind of
> things and we need a sane build scripts for i18n.

Everyone sucks at autotools - I just copied stuff I remember doing
from Cheese :)

> However in your merge request there is no configure file so I can't
> build gnome-sound-recorder. Maybe I am misunderstanding something ?

configure is generated from configure.ac. run autoreconf, it should
generate them for you.

>> Do you have a bunch of exports/hacks  your machine that actually get
>> this app to run?
> I run on ubuntu 10.10 daily and I have nothing to do more than installing gcc, valac, devel packages...

So Ubuntu 10.10 ships a version of glib with GSETTINGS baked in? I'm
running it in a prefix, and am running into no end of trouble getting
it to run.

> Cheers

Cheers, and let's continue the vala revolution :P

--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog