Re: gnome-media roadmap for 2.23

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 17:01 +0200, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Poke!
> Apologizes for waking up this mailing list. I'd like to gather ideas
> from people subscribed here. Should we try to have a discussion about
> gnome-media future? (2.22 is out in a few days, I think)
>
> What should be done with gnome-media? what should be deprecated? what
> should be improved? what does gnome-multimedia mean today?

In Fedora 9, we have the sound recorder, gstreamer-properties,
gnome-volume-control and the media profiles from gnome-media.

gnome-cd is gone, as I didn't like the UI, or the FreeDB connections,
and we use rhythmbox as a CD player instead.

gnome-volume-control is likely going to be deprecated by an updated
PulseAudio volume control in Fedora 10. And the media profiles could
certainly do with some updating/rework.