Re: Multimedia players - odd observations

Not entirely sure what the CDDB preferences have got to do with anything...
(Nor the spamming of BMPx, but there you go)

The problem *may* be that the other players do CDDA (note not CDDB)
but I don't think gnome-cd 2.8 did that, and so it requires a cable
inside your computer to link it to the CD Audio connector on your
motherboard. 2.8 is rather old and I believe more recent versions
don't have that problem, but I've not used it for a very long time...

iain