Re: MLQ (Media Library Query) file format and mime type proposal

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 11:25 +0200, Milosz Derezynski wrote:
> I'm one of the main authors of BMP 2 (still being worked on), and
> along the way of reworking our library, i came across the idea of
> encoding library queries as URIs, which may look like this:
>
> "query:///?artist=Air&album=Moon%20Safari"
<snip>
> Adding a file of this type to BMPx, or just a plain query:/// URI
> itself causes a library query and appending of the relevant items to
> the tracklist (BMP is currently mostly based on the concept of a
> mutable playlist to which items can be added from various sources,
> unlike e.g. RB which has mostly immutable "Playlists", but allows for
> custom queues).

I'm a bit confused as to what this is actually for. Is it meant for
saving "smart playlist"-type (or other db queries) things to disk?

If so, it's probably better to use one of the existing query formats. If
we want to use XML, then RDF (which is what Tracker uses for all it's
queries) is probably as good as anything.

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted
sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there.