a general multimedia library - Re: Scrolling "seek" sliders

Well the topic of having a multimedia widget library has been discussed
multiple times and maybe now is the time to move on it?

Currently there are multiple things I see that would be natural to put
into such a library:

a) the gconf schemas in gnome-media
b) the playlist parser library in totem
c) the seek sliders widgets mentioned here
d) a simple to use GStreamer GTK+ video widget
e) others things?

Basically this library would/could contain things which are higher level
our not directly in the scope of GStreamer. Or which is very GTK+/GNOME
related.

Christian