Re: Scrolling "seek" sliders

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 00:49 +1000, James "Doc" Livingston wrote:
> G'day everyone,
<snip>
> Essentially the questions is what should happen when the user performs
> these actions? Should the "up" actions seek forward in time, seek back
> in time, or do nothing?

Same problem for the volume sliders by default. Obviously, I think that
apps should seek forward in time with up, and backwards with down.

And I also think that when scrolling down, the step should be shorter
than when moving forward (because it makes it easier to find precise
points in the timeline).

Maybe we need to move things like the volume widget, and some "seek
sliders" to a library like gnome-media?

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
If I'm not challenged, I can do nothing. Maybe my next film will be