Re: Common music database?

Ross Burton wrote:
On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 15:46 +0100, Jamie McCracken wrote:
How is FirstSeen specific to audio files?
Actually we dont need Audio.FirstSeen as Audio.LastPlay wont be set if its fresh!

Not strictly true.  I may have added the song two years ago but not
played it, and I certainly don't want it in a list of New Songs.

Sound Juicer sets the following tags:

* track title
* track artist
* track number
* total number of tracks
* album name
* encoder name
* encoder version
* MusicBrainz album ID
* MB artist ID
* MB album artist ID
* MB track ID
* genre
* release date

It's a known bug that it isn't writing sortable track artist name and
album artist names, so consider those in the list too.
Sorry, is

right so I need to add Audio.AlbumTrackCount, Audio.CodecVersion , Audio.AlbumArtist and your MB fields (are these all integers?).

MusicBrainz fields are UUIDs.

Ross

Right, I have updated the Audio section in the spec :
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards/shared-filemetadata-spec

Please let me know if anything is wrong or missing.

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://www.advogato.org/person/jamiemcc/