Re: ASF encoded videos with WMV extension

Hi Bastien,

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 12:12:27 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> I already explained that it's gone in GNOME 2.8 when the program to handle
> both types is the same (I personally hated that dialog, and hassled Alex
> until I could commit it). So you won't get an error when opening an RTF
> file with a .doc extension, or an ASF file with WMV extension.
>
> If you want a checkbox, you'll need to ask the nautilus-list, or file a
> bug with nautilus on bugzilla.gnome.org.
>
> Cheers

Well, I tried this on a FC3 distribution (I think FC3 has Gnome 2.8):

1) Right click on a normal .wmv file, selected "Properties", then "Open
with" tab and added mplayer as the application used to play this type of
file.

2) Right click on a bad .wmv file (.asf type with .wvm extension),
selected "Properties", then "Open with" tab and added mplayer as the
application used to play this type of file.

3) Restart X server, just to be sure.

4) Still got the same message.

So, I think I got something wrong, or misunderstood some directions.
Can you please tell me what am I wrong ?

Thanks,
Paul