Re: ASF encoded videos with WMV extension

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 02:40 +0200, Paul Ionescu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:32:50 +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

> >> Who wrote that message? I agree with you, and wouldn't mind removing it
> >> completely.
> >
> > This is the message nautilus displays when you try to open a file whose
> > extension does not match its content (I guess renaming a pdf file to
> > toto.bmp and trying to open it by double clicking on it in nautilus would
> > trigger this message).
> >
> > Christophe
>
> I understand this, but can it be made to be optional ?
> A checkbox to select if you want this message in the future will do.

I already explained that it's gone in GNOME 2.8 when the program to
handle both types is the same (I personally hated that dialog, and
hassled Alex until I could commit it). So you won't get an error when
opening an RTF file with a .doc extension, or an ASF file with WMV
extension.

If you want a checkbox, you'll need to ask the nautilus-list, or file a
bug with nautilus on bugzilla.gnome.org.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>