changing thumbnailer

I was going to file a bug for this, but quite honestly I dont know if
this is a bug.

The thing is... since both gstreamer and totem provide thumbnailers for
video files, which thumbnailer is used for a given mime-type? I'm
guessing that nautilus will use the thumbnailers specified by the app
installed/updated most recently. If that how it works, is there any way
to change the thumbnailers (apart from using gconf-editor or
gconftool-2)?

I ask because, I noticed recently that nautilus was no longer making
video thumbnails and after digging around I found that the video
thumbnailers where set to gst-thumbnailer instead of totem-video-
thumbnailer.

--
Ricardo Veguilla <veguilla hpcf upr edu>