Making totem play ogg files

Hello,

I recently compiled the gnome 2.4.1 release with the cvsgnome script on debian woody. It works all very nicely and I am quite impressed by the multimedia capabilities. However I have problems to play Ogg/Vorbis files with totem, which would be nice to show of the visualization to someone ;) Totem plays other sound files, like wav and mp3 nicely and plays audio CDs as well.

It moans about a missing plugin, when trying to play .ogg files.

The totem-video-thumbnailer fails as well for those files. (whatever the outcome should be ...)

Xine has no problems playing ogg.

These plugins are available in the .../lib/ tree:

./xine/plugins/1.0.0/xineplug_dmx_ogg.so
./xine/plugins/1.0.0/xineplug_decode_vorbis.so
./gstreamer-0.6/libgstvorbis.so

What can be the reason for this?

* André