multimedia capplet

Heya,

I was cleaning up (at least trying to) the preferences in Totem and
thought that quite a few settings should be system-wide (or at least
desktop-wide) settings.

So, I'd have wanted to move from the Totem prefs:
- Soundcard output type: Stereo, 4.0, 5.0, 5.1 or even AC3 passthrough
(an int, from an enum)
- Network speed: 56k, ISDN, Cable, bleh (see Totem's prefs for the
complete list) (int from an enum as well), that would be used for
Streaming protocols that support such a thing (only mms and rtsp that I
know of)
- Contrast/Brightness for the video (in percents)

It's about an hour's worth of work, just setting some GConf keys, which
both xine-lib and GStreamer-based apps could use in the desktop.
The main problem is where we should put this code. I'd like to see it
added to the control-center myself as there aren't any additional deps.

Any comments?
I'd like to know if there are any more configuration options related to
multimedia that could be added as desktop-wide?

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
She was as easy as the Daily Star crossword.