Re: multimedia capplet

Hi Bastien,
Well if you want to put it in gnome-media feel free to do that. The
advantage of that over the control center is that most of the GStreamer
hackers have gnome-media cvs so they will get your stuff right away and
can start including it in their applications.

Since control-center depends on GStreamer anyway now due to ACME I guess
it isn't a real problem to put it their either if you so prefer.

As for the gstreamer-properties capplet that Jeff mentioned. Well don't
feel that putting your capplet in gnome-media means you have to
integrate with it. I have been having second thoughts about the
gstreamer-properties capplet myself, but until we get the xvimagesink
and ximagesink autoplugger in place I think it is still needed
unfortunatly.

Also I don't think it will ever go away, but I guess at some point it
could be an idea to move the gstreamer-properties to another more
power-user oriented module. Be that gst-player or gst-editor or
something.

Christian