Re: multimedia capplet

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 03:06, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Bastien Nocera">
>
> > Any comments?
> > I'd like to know if there are any more configuration options related to
> > multimedia that could be added as desktop-wide?
>
> Worth looking at the GStreamer capplet in, I think, gnome-media. It handles
> changing and testing default output devices, but I'm sure that could be
> genericised in some way.

I was trying to avoid that issue. I think that the gstreamer-properties
is close to unusable (I mean, people who know what to put in there can
also use gconf-editor, really). And it asks the question: should you be
showing hardware devices available and make things like esound use the
selected device, or should esound be an option, and the soundcard
selected another option...

I'd rather see vendors do the legwork and implement something that fits
in their architecture until we get something like HAL working on the
majority of the GNOME platforms.

Better not in there at all than half-botched.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.