Re: Update on my work towards GNOME 2.6

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 01:10, iain wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 22:26, Christian Schaller wrote:
>
> > The status is now:
> > gst-mixer integrated and works well, the docs need updating to reflect
> > the new mixer but I plan to tackle that next.
>
> The mixer applet will need to be updated as well.
Yeah, I already mailed Kevin about it, haven't got an reply yet.

> > gnome-sound-recoder, I fixed the code today so that it now calls
> > gst-mixer from its menu entry. Iain is working on fixing wavparse in
> > GStreamer which is probably why it doesn't work atm.
>
> Status of this: I've rewritten wavparse and it works, but I'm having
> issues with some scheduling things, so I'm wondering if I should wait
> until thats been sorted before I commit it and my wavenc changes
Why wait? I mean current wavparse definetly doesn't work..

> > gnome-cd, works well now. Actually it has always worked, but my SPEC had
> > some really stupid stuff in it causing the RPM to be broken in regards
> > to gnome-cd. Now fixed. This could probably do with some love, for
> > instace porting it to Bastiens cd-device selector (and to gstreamer?)
>
> As an aside: Someone on footnotes complained that Acme worked
> beautifully with rhythmnbox but didn't do a thing with gnome-cd. It
> might be nice for that to work too.
Well I think acme needs to be ported to the new GStreamer mixer
interface too. And I guess ACME then could/should take care of both
standard and cd-out volume. Been waiting on the mixer support for alsa
to land before suggesting this to Bastien.

Christian