Update on my work towards GNOME 2.6

Ok,
this message is intented for Ted and Ronald mostly, but I figured it is
probably of somewhat general interest for this list.

I have continued the work I started on GNOME media to clean up and fix
the build issues and get gst-mixer integrated.

The status is now:
gst-mixer integrated and works well, the docs need updating to reflect
the new mixer but I plan to tackle that next.

gnome-sound-recoder, I fixed the code today so that it now calls
gst-mixer from its menu entry. Iain is working on fixing wavparse in
GStreamer which is probably why it doesn't work atm.

gnome-cd, works well now. Actually it has always worked, but my SPEC had
some really stupid stuff in it causing the RPM to be broken in regards
to gnome-cd. Now fixed. This could probably do with some love, for
instace porting it to Bastiens cd-device selector (and to gstreamer?)

Build system: as mentioned it no longer depends on gnome-common. And the
files are generally much cleaner now IMHO.

In related newz so have I updated sound-juicer to check for GStreamer
0.7. Sound-juicer works great with 0.7.

Rhythmbox also works great with 0.7 as long as Walters hardcoded
typefinding is used. However Walters turned that off yesterday so
Rhythmbox will not work with 0.7 probably before Benjamin merges his
typefinding code from the typefinding branch.

Gst-rec also compiles beautifully now. It redid a lot of the auto* stuff
on it today so you can now grab it from CVS and make a RPM.
Since I don't have a v4l enabled device I didn't get to test if I
actually can record video with it atm.

Gst-player does not work with 0.7, that is waiting for some videosink
fixes. Luckily Ronald has promised those in place this coming week.

Thats all from me :)
Christian