GStreamer TODO list for GNOME 2.6

Hi,
I sat down and made the following list at work today. I think it
summarises what needs to happen before 0.8 (and some post 0.8 task) in
regards to improving GStreamer's GNOME integration

This list is both meant as a helpful reminder for the current GNOME/Gst
hackers, but also as a chance for new people to step up to the plate and
help out. Personally I will be working hard on the doc items listed.

Christian

GStreamer & GNOME todo list

gnome-media
Add docs to profile manager
Update docs to gstreamer-properties
Port CD player to use GStreamer
Get Sound recorder properly working
Make new mixer accessible

volume-applet (gnome-panel)
Port to GStreamer mixer interface

acme (control-center)
Port ACME volume control to use GStreamer mixer interface

sound-juicer
Get it to use the new audio profiles stuff in gnome-media
Get it to use the new tagging support in Gst core

rhythmbox
Get it to use the new tagging support in Gst core
Enable the support of AAC and WMV formats?

gst-player
Get it working with latest updates to core.
Add online docs

Totem
A bit unsure what we should do here. I think experience has told us that
unless Bastien actually cares about wether the GStreamer backend is
working it is futile to try and maintain it. Think our best hope is to
get gst-player working so well that it can give Bastien confidence that
the GStreamer backend can deliver what he wants.

gst-rec
Get it basically working with CVS head. Not sure about current status,
but I have a feeling with Ronald schedule this will be mostly post 0.8

gst-editor
Get it bascially working with CVS head. Probably a post 0.8 task

vdv
Hook it up with latest interactivity support etc. Would be nice to have
a working GStreamer based DVD player application to offer people. A post
0.8 task unless David Lehn picks up development speed on his own :)