Re: Writing a glib/vfs id3 library/MP3s to test.

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 23:45, Brian Kerrick Nickel wrote:
> I'm writing a glib based ID3 tag (including v2.4) library with native
> gnome-vfs support.

Interesting.  Have you considered collaborating with Thomas Vander
Stichele on his media-info library?

> ( It was originally for my own program, but after
> seeing rhythmbox 0.5, I don't think I need to write one. )

Well we'd love to have you hack rb :)

As for using this in rb - well it would definitely be an improvement
over the currently very gross libid3tag.  But I think it would be
cleaner to have something GStreamer-based.  Then again if Bastien Nocera
wants to continue maintaining the Xine backend, he might be interested
in this library as it wouldn't be GStreamer based.

Anyways, just my thoughts.