Re: multimedia and 2.2

<quote who="Jorn Baayen">

> > You *can* get GStreamer, a simple media player (a ported Totem or
> > gst-player) and Rhythmbox in, whilst Iain can port gnome-media across to use
> > GStreamer, all in this timeframe. It's a sensible goal, and mostly just a
> > matter of hacking.
>
> just a matter of hacking for people who are working full time on it and
> get paid for it, sure.
>
> Speaking for myself, I also have school and not that much time to hack
> on rb lately. RB still has some major issues that need sorting out, and
> I'm already spending too much time on it.

Do you think Rhythmbox can been feature-frozen by the end of October? That
doesn't mean perfect, bug-fixed, slick, etc. It just means feature frozen.

It's only the end of November that we have a UI/string freeze, and the end
of December that we hit a full code freeze.

It's your call. If you don't think Rhythmbox can make the Desktop, it can
always go in Fifth Toe, and we can stick with the simple player and
GStreamer for 2.2 Desktop.

- Jeff

--
                        Great minds think different?