Re: multimedia and 2.2

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 17:37, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> You *can* get GStreamer, a simple media player (a ported Totem or
> gst-player) and Rhythmbox in, whilst Iain can port gnome-media across to use
> GStreamer, all in this timeframe. It's a sensible goal, and mostly just a
> matter of hacking.

I'd say for gnome-media
Having GRecord using gstreamer will be a complete rewrite, but shouldn't
be hard, as we're just dumping the samples onto disk and reading them
back from there. Thomasvs said he was going to do something like this.

Gnome-CD using GStreamer as a CDDA reader shouldn't be hard either. I
think it's possible. The only problem might be that Solaris (and other
OSs) doesn't have a decent sound driver for GStreamer

iain
--
"Evil" is a good crowd-puller but a mighty hard enemy to shoot down with
a missile.