Multimedia creation projects?

Greetings everyone,

I'm very glad to see all the discussion on getting multimedia in Gnome
going good.  It seems to me though, that almost all the talk has been about
just playing multimedia.  What I'm really interested in is the creation
side.  I just forked out quite a bit of money to get hardware to do video
and audio creation.  What's on the horizon for this in gnome?

Here is what I know of:

NLE:
Kino(Gtk 1.2)
Ganso(Supposedly porting to Gstreamer)
Crow(Apparently dead)

Audio:
Glame
Beast/BSE

I don't think we should settle for being a typical consumer desktop.  Let
be a creator's desktop.  Mac's have always been known that way, and
Gnu/Linux/XFree/Gnome can get there too.

Anyways, any info or discussion would be greatly appreciated.

Dan