Re: Ideas and graph

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 18:59, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 19:48, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > - "midnight playback" (averages volume on DVDs, so you don't get spikes
> > of noise that would wake up the neighbours ;) (only works on ac3
> > playback right now).
>
> Well, that should not be a global setting I think, since it's something
> you change regularly. Interesting though, adding it to the list of stuff
> I'd like to have in mm :)

It would be nice to have a setting like this which affected all
applications: then the user can have a button to click on to keep the
volume down when it's late, whether they're playing DVDs, games, or just
have noisy button click effects.  That kind of thing could go into a
soundserver and thus catch everything without needing a global config
option and an implementation in every application, of course.

(Actually, going off topic, I'd like to have such a config option
automatically be in force between 10pm and 9am, and off at other times.)

--
Richard