Re: Sound information discovery

On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 10:38, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:

> How would this work in regards to soundservers? Should they be
> considered a device in themselves? Or should they implement a system
> where apps can choose a soundcard and tell the soundserver to use that
> soundcard? Or do we need to get soundservers to also use this
> setting/library to choose soundcard they will output to?

It's not really a library to say which soundcard to use, more what to
call that soundcard. So they could use this library if they wanted, or
they could use whatever other method they currently use.

iain
--
"If everyone is so darned proud of their country why don't they show it
in a little more useful way than pasting Flags on every flat surface.