Re: Sound information discovery

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 16:18, iain wrote:
> Yo,
>
> This idea is going to be post 2.2, but I thought I'd get the discussion
> started on it.
>
> As we get more and more audio applications it would be nice if they all
> referred to the same sound cards and the controls by the same name.

How would this work in regards to soundservers? Should they be
considered a device in themselves? Or should they implement a system
where apps can choose a soundcard and tell the soundserver to use that
soundcard? Or do we need to get soundservers to also use this
setting/library to choose soundcard they will output to?

Christian

--
Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus linuxrising org>