PT Mix vs. PT TDM

> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 13:53:25 -0500
> From: Erik Jarvi <ejarvi megsinet net>
> To: gnome-sound-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: Free Audio  Software in about 5-6 days...
Hi Erik,

> I just saw this the other day.  I wonder how large the download is. I'm only
> on dial-up.
    I'm not sure, but I would count on at least 3-5 megs.  Depending how
extensive this version is it could be more or a little less.

>I'm heavily planning on getting the "cheap" Digi001 for my little
> project studio.  I wish I could afford the $20k for the real deal. :)

    The digi 001 is fine.  You could also look into getting a used system.
Try looking at for used digi gear:
<http://www.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/bb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=B
uy+|AMP|+Sell&number=17&DaysPrune=5&LastLogin=>

> Do you own the PT24 Mix system?
    I have a Pro Tools 24 TDM, which is like the mix but with not as much
dsp. I am upgrading to a mix system as all the cool plug-ins work better onb
a mix system.

>Have you used the Digi001?
    No.

>Are there any
> gotchas?
    I would read the specs for these systems and decide what is best for the
kind of music work you would be doing...

>I'm still debating whether to get a PC or Mac for PT.
    Mac, all the way..but don't get the Cube.

Jeff