Sound Capplet and Themes

Morning all,

So I've discovered that someone's working on a GUT interface for Gnome
(Grand Unified... Themes!). It's plug-in based, and will be able to handle
Sawfish, GTK+, XMMS, whatever.

  ObScreenshot: http://www.ionet.net/~hestgray/tigert-metathemes.png

Very interesting. I'll be helping with UI issues as soon as it's stabilised.
So, it hasn't been released yet (even as an alpha), but I thought it would be
food for thought because... we don't have support for sound themes in Gnome
yet. :)

  http://www.labs.redhat.com/gug/users-guide/multimedia-intro.html

It would be cool to plan it here, and either develop it ourselves, or find
some developers interested in implementing it. Planning it for future
changes is probably the most interesting thing for us, given some of the
rather wacky, outlandish and brillant ideas that have already come up. :)

Just some more random thoughts.

- Jeff

-- jdub aphid net ----------------------------------- http://slug.org.au/ --

        Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
                     cold of heart as never to express it.