Re: [gnome-mud] Alias on 0.11.2

Thank you very much for your answer, Mart.
I tried as you told me and it works perfectly.

I will look forward to test your new versions. :-)

Eli "Morlach"

2009/8/17 Mart Raudsepp <leio dustbite net>
On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 15:54 +0200, Morlach DivineConflict wrote:

Hello,

It appears that together with any script pattern matching changes done
inbetween the versions, aliases now work the same as trigger patterns.
This is quite unintuitive indeed, and quite hard to use.

So until this is reworked, this is how you can achieve what you want
with the 0.11.2 version:

Use a wildcard at the end of the alias pattern, so that it will actually
look at the remaining part of the alias command line you entered and be
able to do something with it.
So this could be the regex to use:

fireball(.*)

And the action list could be:

cast fireball%1

This will allow to cast fireball on yourself as well, but commands like
"fireball2" will patch it as well, and try to issue a "cast fireball2".

A regex with a space inbetween, such as
fireball (.*)
and an action list of
cast fireball %1
will allow to differentiate those better, but you can not cast on
yourself then anymore, unless you actually enter "fireball " with a
space afterwards.

Hope this helps for now until it is made back better and intuitive.

We really should code it back so, that any excess words after the
pattern match (the unmatched part) would automatically be added to the
end of the command automatically, so that it would work as it likely did
in version 0.10.7.

Best Regards,
Mart Raudsepp