Re: [gnome-mud] [patch] 64 bit crash

Robin Ericsson wrote:
Regarding the patch, setting the string to NULL will make the g_free will ignore and not free the string at all, so I guess this error must be elsewhere, that is we don't take into account that types isn't the same size of different platforms.

One thing I see is that mudcompress_response is returning const char* which we cast to gchar. Is char and gchar the same size on your system?

After looking some more at the code, the fact that we ignore const char* isn't that good as those strings returned from that method are declared static on the top of mccpDecompress.c, those should never be freed and we aren't we crashing every time?

Jordi: This might be "the big" bug we have in MCCP?

regards,
	Robin