Re: [gnome-mud] vte

Jordi Mallach wrote:

I just know our bugzilla bug report got a few seconds, ie "this would be
cool". Right now, vte is more or less on maintenance though. People are
basically working on improving its performance, which isn't that
difficult :)

Ok. I know to little about the internals of vte, but somehow it shouldn't be that hard? :)

Yeah, vte plain sucks performance wise. I used gnome-terminal a lot when I used GNOME as desktop at work, and it was painfully slow, especially when compare to xterm/rxvt or some other faster term.

I think there will be a noticeable speedup in GNOME 2.10.

Great :)

regards,
	Robin