Re: [gnome-love] Contributing to Evince

Hi,

evince has bugs that are marked for newcomers, the label is (surprise
surprise) "gnome-love".

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=gnome-love;query_format=advanced;keywords_type=allwords;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;bug_status=NEEDINFO;product=evince

I got started with some easy bugs, the maintainer of the project
pointed me at those. So if you want to get your hands dirty, go ahead
and try to solve an easy bug. Other ways of getting involved are
writing documentation or translating things. Every contribution and
every person - you :) - are appreciated.

In any case I'd suggest you hang out on IRC, I think they have an
#evince channel. If you ask your questions there I'm sure you'll get
some more, and more specific, answers. I'm sure they're welcoming to
any newcomer :) If you want to get started on documentation there's a
#docs channel where you can ask.

Greetings,

Lasse

Hi,
My name is Eejya and I am new to Open Source. I wanted to start contributing
to some project and decided on evince. I was wondering where to start.I
managed to build and run evince using jhbuild but I am clueless as to what
should be my next step. Could someone guide me through the process?

Thanks for the help ! :)
-Eejya