Re: [gnome-love] THE SECOND STEP

On Fri, 2013-08-16 at 10:13 +0530, narinder singh ghumman wrote:
Hey,         I'm new to open-source development and have been learning
my way around GNOME development. So far, i'm familiar with GTK+ and
can develop some fairly basic codes on myself and use GLADE for GUI
and work with those xml files and c-code. So in all, just some basic
development. My learning curve was good but now has stagnated, i don't
know what to do anymore. One can always learn alongside working on
something but i don't know what to work on. Modifying an app seems
like a tough task. I was thinking of maybe collaborating with someone
on his work. Well something like that to get to know more stuff. Guide
me please. What should be my second step?

Hi,

There are many applications that you can contribute, several of them
already have focused tasks that are special to start with.  There are
also a list of developers willing to mentor.

I would recommend you to take a look at:
https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeLove/FindingTasks to get an idea of possible
strategies to choose the application(s) you would like to work on.

Also, check https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeLove/Mentors for a list of
applications and potential mentors.  The list is not comprehensive, but
long enough to find something you could be interested in collaborate
and, at the same time, learn and develop skills.

Please, do not hesitate in asking more questions.

Regards,

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/