Re: [gnome-love] jhbuild gudev: invalid hash attribute on module

On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 04:09 -0400, Anna Zacchi wrote:
The real problem is that I cannot jhbuild udev because of problems
with versions:

=========
libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.4, but the
libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.2.6.
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.4
libtool: and run autoconf again.
make[2]: ***
[extras/gudev/extras_gudev_libgudev_1_0_la-gudevmarshal.lo] Error 63
==========

the suggestion is to " recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool
2.4". How can I do that?
Or do you suggest to do something else?

From the information you've provided, I think you've previously done a
'jhbuild bootstrap'. I don't recommend 'jhbuild bootstrap'. I've
recently updated the documentation to include this recommendation - the
on-line documentation will update soon.

To fix the problem, you could either:
1. delete your prefix (normally /opt/gnome) and run a full build again;
   or
2. 'jhbuild -m bootstrap uninstall libtool' and rebuild gudev.

--
Craig Keogh <cskeogh adam com au>