[gnome-love] need help to contribute to open source software Totem player

Hi,

I am a software developer at PayPal freshly joined in June 2012 after graduating from IIT Kanpur India. I am a frequent user of linux (Ubuntu) and I love to watch movies.

One thing that I have noticed about the default player (Totem Movie Player) in Ubuntu is that every time to drag and drop the subtitles file, it restarts the buffering of the video.

This is not as such a bug but I want to modify the coding as required so that video resumes from the same frame with subtitles continuing from that position.

I am hoping that if no one is presently working on that, you can help me provide me an opportunity to add something  in an open source product that I love to use so frequently.

Since I couldn't find the mentors working that field I request you to kindly redirect to a mentor or contributor working in this field as this the first time I am contributing to an open source project and I am thrilled with the idea of doing this.

Hoping for an early reply.

Thanking You

Md Maaz

PayPal Chennai,