Re: [gnome-love] GNOME needs some good SDK

Personally, after quite a while deciding what language to use for my project, I went with Vala. I just did not want to deal with writing my application in C. If Vala could gain an excellent IDE with a proper visual debugger that isolated you from the underlying C code then I think that would make for a nice development environment. Problem is, I don't see the community getting this done with Vala. I'm just happy that they have done what they have! It's amazing really. However, you can't escape the fact that many of these contributions are made by people with other, more pressing responsibilities. The most successful ones are often sponsored by a larger company, but there contributions are sometimes limited to that company's needs.

My biggest hope is for a company like Canonical to spend a good deal of time and money and develop a kick ass Vala IDE/Debugger and API even if they have to charge for it.