Re: [gnome-love] friendly question

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 9:58 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
This is easier to answer if you tell us which functionality are you
missing in default GNOME3 that was provided by the GNOME2 panel. :)

I can give one example - I used to love an applet, netspeed, which used to show the current bandwidth of any network interface. Now, I have no way to place that applet anywhere on desktop.

The panel provided that free space for adding extra functionality.

--
Kartik
http://k4rtik.wordpress.com/