Re: [gnome-love] need help setting up build environment

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 9:43 AM, bsquared <bwcode4u gmail com> wrote:
I am having what seems to be a difficult experience setting up an
environment for Gnome 3.  I have received help on the issues I have
posted, but it seems I get a new issue every time I try to build.  I
have read what I've found on live.gnome.org, but I can't help thinking
that I am missing some kind of comprehensive getting started that
would address what I am guessing are standard issues for building with
Ubuntu Lucid as a host system.  Obviously I am missing something, but
how can I find out what without repeatedly wasting time time on failed
builds?

To recap and append my issues to date:
* bootstap failed on gettext - I removed mono from the host system
* gnome-disk-utility, No package 'avahi-ui-gtk3' - my error, I skipped
some modules.
* polkit - error when I skipped above module, not sure of status
* NetworkManager - reported configure error, added to skip, I use wicd
* Then I got an error on previously completed module ORBit.

So, I start over (again):

clean config file:
moduleset = 'gnome-apps-3.0'
modules = [ 'meta-gnome-core' ]

checkoutroot = os.path.expanduser('~/development/gnome/source')
prefix = os.path.expanduser('~/development/gnome/install')

autogenargs='--disable-static --disable-gtk-doc'

clean modules
jhbuild clean

 re-ran bootstrap/sanity check
jhbuild bootstrap --ignore-system
jhbuild sanitycheck (no output=OK)

updated all source
jhbuild update

And now I am prepared to try again.  Is it recommended to use the
no-network method?

All help really is appreciated.

Thank you,
-Brian

OK. After updating, I went directly to 'jhbuild build --no-network
NetworkManager'.

NetworkManager succeeded this go around. Using 'jhbuild bootstrap
--ignore-system' the parameter is the only major difference that I
recall.

Though it may be noteworthy that this is also the first time using
'jhbuild clean' rather than deleting and using 'jhbuild update';
'jhbuild build --no-network' as two steps.

Next, I try the full build.

-Brian