Re: [gnome-love] GSoC 2010 Proposal (fast image viewer)

Thanks Claudio and Bastien for you comments.
Yes, I understand that implement all this features during SoC is
impossible, but in the beginning I thought about it as not SoC project
at all. I hope SoC will give good starting point for something new and
good that I can continue to develop. I agree with you that starting new
project as SoC project isn't so good idea.

Okay, how I can improve Eye of GNOME?
Claudio, I have had a look at the Eye of GNOME and first of all there is
not very clear problem with RAW support. There is patch from libopenraw
that allows viewing RAW files using gdk pixbuf even without modifying
eog. But libopenraw is not as well maintained as dcraw - that's the
fact. KDE project have it's own library that is simple wrapper of
LibRaw[1] project. LibRaw is maintained as good as dcraw. I think there
is two ways to solve this problem: a) rewrite libopenraw on top of
LibRaw as libkdcraw from KDE project does b) develop new library on top
of LibRaw and integrate it with eog. What do you say about it?

As for clutter integration I need some more information about clutter
itself. I'll have a look at it, thanks.

1. http://www.libraw.org/

--
best regards,