Re: [gnome-love] GSoC 2010 Proposal (fast image viewer)

El sáb, 20-03-2010 a las 13:54 +0000, Bastien Nocera escribió:
On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 21:23 +0200, Aleksey Kunitskiy wrote:
Hi,

I'm student who is interested in implementing an OpenGL-accelerated
image viewer/organizer using C++/gtkmm/gtkglextmm for GNOME project.
I know there is a couple of projects such as eog[1], gThumb[2] and
gliv[3] that implement viewer[1], viewer+organizer[2] and
OpenGL accelerated viewer-only[3], but mine is kinda of coupling
those features listed above in one app. My application will be:

Those are all good and fine, but I don't think that GNOME wants to see
yet another image viewer project. Transpose your ideas to eog, which is
part of GNOME, and we might be onto something.

There is initial work to have a clutter backend for the Eye of GNOME.
Also there has been many proposals about having some sort of plugin to
allow eog to tag and retrieve images tagged through tracker. I think
that you might want to check bug 546504 for the clutter stuff and
discuss with people like Iván Frade or me about the tracker ideas.

Please keep into account that gsoc has a very tight schedule, so working
in improving a current project might be a better idea than starting one
from scratch if you want your proposal to be taken into consideration.

Claudio