Re: [gnome-love] GNOME system preferences application

2010/3/2 Tomasz Sałaciński <tsalacinski gmail com>:
Hello,

I've read a post about centralized GNOME system preferences application.
I am already writing an application like this:

Screenshot:
http://www.alarm-clock.pl/media/gnome-system-preferences.png

Application:
http://www.alarm-clock.pl/media/gnome-system-preferences.tar.bz2

So far you can only disable background, but with the whole application
skeleton it's very easy to add new functionality. It's also easy to
change the appearance of the application using Glade editor (you can
disable icons on the list on the left side or just use tabs like other
GNOME apps). It also uses GtkBuilder - the thing that GNOME wants.
Anyone interested in this? Should I develop this application further or
should I abandon it?

Cheers,
Tomasz Sałaciński

Tomasz,

I love this idea, personally. IMHO, unified system management is one
of the things GNOME needs to attract new users and showcase its
functionality as well as simplicity. If you are asking about the
general need for such an application, how could there not be one?

Cheers,
Darton Williams