Re: [gnome-love] Garnome error

Am Montag, den 14.06.2010, 18:28 +0530 schrieb Aman (neshu) Agarwal:

2010/6/14 Karsten Bräckelmann <guenther rudersport de>
        On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 14:38 +0530, Aman (neshu) Agarwal wrote:

        > > > "Pango 1.2.0 or greater based on Xft2 is required"
        > >
        > > the answer is already given. try installing the pango-dev
        (or similar)

        > pango-devel is already installed

        No need to, pango is provided as a dependency and built from
        source.
         platform/pango/

        What's missing according to the error message is a deeper,
        more
        fundamental dependency. Like libxft-dev. You'll need to
        rebuild pango
        with that dep installed.

libXft-2.1.13-1
libXft-devel-2.1.13-1 are already installed

Hello Aman,

no offence, but in my opinion your efforts to build an ancient GNOME
version are rather futile, given your intention of developing for GNOME.
I'd say you should stick with at least with the current stable GNOME
version, i.e. 2.28, or the development version to be on the bleeding
edge.
If you are going for some serious GNOME development and you have
problems with git, you should solve those first. Some git mailing list
or forum is a better place for that than this mailing list.

If you want to avoid git you need to build from release source tarballs
(compressed archives). jhbuild can do that. The GNOME release team
publishes modulesets for jhbuild pointing to module tarballs for each
GNOME release, they are available from
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/teams/releng/$VERSION/*.modules

For the stable GNOME, use
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/teams/releng/2.28.2/

There is an example .jhbuildrc in there

--
Christian Kirbach <Christian Kirbach googlemail com>