[gnome-love] GnomeGoals (particularly popt-to-GOption) and Valgrind suppressions

Hi all.  I'm a newbie to C/C++ who would like to help a bit.  I found the popt-to-GOption GnomeGoal at the top of the list; can I help with it at all, or is the complexity not worth explaining for such a small contribution?  If the latter, can you recommend another development goal for me?

By the way, I wonder whether anyone's still working on the Valgrind suppressions?

Thanks!
Chris