Re: [gnome-love] Can't get jhbuild to run right

[please keep your message on list, so knowledge is shared.]

MHR wrote:

IIRC, in a previous communication, you mentioned that libbonobo was
hardly used any more.

I don't remember writing that; libbonobo usage has decreased but is
still used by major parts of the environment such as the panel and
evolution.

                        So let me ask this: what is the minimal
collection of modulesets that I need to get GDE built and running?

GNOME is a collection of components, they are regrouped in the
meta-gnome-desktop jhbuild module; there is no "minimal GNOME"
meta module.

Alternatively, how can I use jhbuild to produce a
not-the-latest-and-greatest version of GNOME, say 2.22.2?

The release team publishes module sets, using released tarballs.  For
example:
  http://download.gnome.org/teams/releng/2.22.1/gnome-suites-2.22.1.modules

You can use this moduleset from jhbuild with the -m flag, jhbuild -m
URL build.

Alternatively you can keep on using subversion but using the 2.22
branches instead of trunk, jhbuild -m gnome-2.22 build will do that.
(or simply set moduleset = 'gnome-2.22' in your ~/.jhbuildrc).

        Frederic