Re: [gnome-love] Help GNOME as a developer.

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Pedro Sa da Costa <psdc1978 gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

Hi
 - I would like to contribute as a developer to GNOME, but with my
daily job I don't know if I have the time that the projects demands.
Is this a problem? How can I do it?

Well there's lot's of tasks you can do. Obviously it will take you some time.
I recommend you to read http://live.gnome.org/JoinGnome. It's so easy
to start after
you read those wiki pages. To develop some code i advice to pick a
project you like,
look at the open bugs and add patches to fix the problem.

 - Just for curiosity, all the code of GNOME is made by volunteers, or
there are a bunch of people that are allocated only to the project?

Yes Gnome is made by volunteers, some of them work on bugsquad, others
on specific modules, documentation, on Accessibility etc...
Some developers work for companies that are allocated to work on some specific
stuff but mostly are volunteers like me :).

Luis