Re: [gnome-love] Developing a module for GIO

Christian Kirbach:
On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 20:38:55 +0400, Dubon Dubas <dubonadas gmail com>
wrote:

I would like to access to my flickr account by typing flickr:// in
Nautilus
address bar. I do not know how to begin. I think I must develop a GIO
module
or something like that but I am nor pretty sure. Could somebody help me?

I think you need to write a new gvfs handler for this.
You may want to read the gvfs/gio documentation and talk to the nautilus
mailing list. Alex will eventually respond.

So, a couple of years ago I had the same idea as you, and wrote down
some initial code for it. I've uploaded some of the code for you, which
can be found here[1]. The main code for the nautilus plugin can be found
in flickrfs.c, while the flicker code can be found in flickr.c. I warn
you though, the code is pretty dirty and if you really want to improve
it, I have some ideas on where to start :).

Hope it was of some help.

[1] http://devel.langly.org/?p=flickerfs;a=summary

--
Life on the earth might be expensive, but it
includes an annual free trip around the sun.

Kenneth Østby
http://langly.org