Re: [gnome-love] Gnome goal proposal : Cleaning hidden folder

Interesting idea! Keep it up.

GNOME global database would be great thing. GConf is fine, but it is
only for configuration data. I wish we had database like GConf, but much
more powerful. It should be capable to store data (e.g. Evolution
emails, Pidgin history,..) and search them. There also should be a
option to backup the whole database or only configuration data. Running
daemon could provide simple API and interconnection between application
and database.

Maybe it will be necessary to specify structure of saved emails and some
other specific types of data to keep interoperability among more
applications (Evolution, Mozilla Thunderbird,..)

The second thing, configuration and data files of most applications
stored in hidden directories in home directory should be moved to
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME and $XDG_DATA_HOME directories.