Re: [gnome-love] Gnome goal proposal : Cleaning hidden folder

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 11:48 PM, Vojtěch Smejkal <smejkalv gmail com> wrote:
Interesting idea! Keep it up.

 GNOME global database would be great thing. GConf is fine, but it is
 only for configuration data. I wish we had database like GConf, but much
 more powerful. It should be capable to store data (e.g. Evolution
 emails, Pidgin history,..) and search them. There also should be a
 option to backup the whole database or only configuration data. Running
 daemon could provide simple API and interconnection between application
 and database.

I think tracker aims to do this, at least they have been advertising
that other apps use the tracker database so that every data becomes
searchable

Jaap