Re: [gnome-love] GNOME Goals birthday!

Hi,

Le mercredi 21 mars 2007, à 01:45, Luis Menina a écrit :
Hi to all GNOME lovers!

The GNOME Goals project, launched by Vincent Untz last year (ok, I
missed the birthday by 3 days ;-) ) has been mostly abandonned for a few
months.

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals

For those who may not know, the GNOME Goals are an easy way for new
contributer-wannabees to start helping GNOME in some way. It's one of
the many gates to enter in the community, and join the project.

I've recently talked to Vincent Untz about this subject at FOSDEM. I
thought (like many others) that GNOME Goals were an important access
gate, and it was sad that they started dying when Vincent had less time
to push them forward.

However, after seing Claudio Saavedra adding recently GNOME Goal #3 (
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/ApplicationCategory ), and
Xan Lopez wanting to spread some GTK love (
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2007-March/msg00017.html ,
  http://live.gnome.org/GtkLove ), I thought it could be great if we
could team up to have the GNOME Goals reborn from ashes.

That'd be really fantastic!

[...]

- everything must be traced and centralized in bugzilla. Maybe with a
the gnome-love keyword. All GNOME goals would then have the gnome-love
keyword, without all the bugs with the gnome-love keyword being actually
GNOME goals. That way people looking for easy tasks could also find
GNOME goals among them.

I suggest you also use tracker bugs, in the general product. We already
have some tracker bugs, and they're really helpful.
(or we can create a gnomegoals product, but I'm not sure it's really
useful if it's only to have a place for those tracker bugs)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.