Re: [gnome-love] Volunteers wanted: New GUI for printerdrake

Jeramy Rutley wrote:
On 6/4/07, Till Kamppeter <till kamppeter gmail com> wrote:
printerdrake is written in Perl, the files belonging to printerdrake and
the user documentation you can also get here:

Hi Till,

I assume that this also means that the UI should be done in Perl as
well?  I've never programmed in GTK+, and I've never coded in Perl, so
I don't know how much use I'd be, but I think I would be interested in
helping out.

Programming in Perl is not difficult to learn for C programmers. The main thing which exists in Perl but not in C is the superior handling of regular expressions (see "man perlre"). To have GTK-based dialogs the perl-gtk2 Perl library is used, as already done for the main window.

   Till