Re: [gnome-love] What i need to know and where to learn it

On 2/21/07, Brian McKenna <brian brianmckenna org> wrote:
On 2/21/07, Collin Doering <rekahsoft mail gmail com> wrote:
> Hi all, i am very very excited to contribute to gnome but i have more
> learning to do. I have been learning C++ and not need to learn the gnome
> libs (Cario, gtkmm, gdk, libglade, pango, [anything else?]). Also i need
> to learn C...anyways i was wondering until i get enough money to get the
> gnome official developers guide if there are any good online tutorials.
> I have installed devhelp which is awesome and am just looking for more
> infomational documentation (AKA not just API but guides on using the
> gnome libraries to obtain a final product, etc..). Thanks :)

You can read the Official Gnome Programming manual online at:
 http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/ggad.html
 And the source code can be found at:
 http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-hello/

 The hard copy has been edited a little more but it's almost exactly the
same.

Actually that document describes gnome/gtk 1.x I believe, so I don't
think you want to spend your time learning any of that as most of it
will be obsolete.

--
jonner